Thursday, January 14, 2010

Farmers Market

I love Farmers Markets since they offer organic foods straight from the farmer's gardens. I have been to the Cotati, Healdsburg, and Santa Rosa markets. They offer an opportunity to be more healthy and find plenty of local fruits and vegetables.

There is usually some musicians and activities for kids at the Cotati market, and Santa Rosa Market has a group of guitar players.

I tasted some fruits there that I had never seen before. This season the crabs are plentiful and cheap; unfortunately the salmon now comes from Washington state or Alaska. The amount of cutting timber in past years has increased sediment in the rivers.

I respect the farmers in the markets as they are working the land and keeping Sonoma County a healthy place to live! I love growing my own vegetables as well, and have had many gardens in various states.

No comments: