Wednesday, February 10, 2010

MY walk to DOWNTOWN

TONIGHT I WALKED DOWNTOWN AT A PACE OF 4 MILES PER HOUR. I SAW ANS SMELLED SOME GREAT BLOSSOMS OF FLOWERS AND SOME SMOKE FROM CHIMNEYS. I noticed on Matheson sT. some great Victorian houses that musthave fireplaces to heat them. Much of the town is made up of Hispanic populations who workin the vineyards and do tree cutting and gardening. I'm part hispanic as well. THE TOWN FEELS LIKE THE SMALL TOWN IN WHIHC I GREW UP - Troy, Ohio. There are some very old houses and there are only a few people out at night in the winter months. I'm living only about 2 miles from the downtown area.

I like walking at night and I feel comfortable with this area since I have lived here for almost 25 years. I know that the winters here are mild and mediteranean like. WE JUST PICKED SOME GRAPEFRUIT, TANGERINES AND ORANGES FROM OUR NEIGHBORS - THE TREES ARE SO FULL OF FRUIT HERE - I THINK THE RICH SOIL HAS SOMETHING TO DO WITH THE BOUNTY OF THESE FRUITS. And prehistorically the NATIVES HAD A VERY EASY TINE WITH COLLECTING MANY RICH SEEDS, NUTS, BERRIES, AND GRASSES AS WELL AS MEDICINALS. There was little need too have any warefare or battles since there was plenty of food for all tribes and that gave then plenty of timeto conceb=ntrate on there arts.

No comments: