Saturday, November 28, 2009

REVISIT TO SPRING LAKE

Today I went for a 6 mile hike around Spring Lake Park where I had volunteered when I first moved to Santa Rosa. The weather was perfect and I asked people if they knew about the sage that grows there - many people don't know about it but they like the smell. Sage is used to cleanse negativity from people and from houses as well as churches. Many religions use incense in their churches.

There were many people biking with their children in tow and teens were racing around the paths. It was unusual that I noted fewer goslings and only one goose - quite different than when I stopped by the park a few weeks ago. No one was fishing today which was also unusual. The air was crisp and I felt very fortunate to be able to walk easily - so many people had difficult leg problems as I completed the hike in less than 1 1/2 hours.

One unusual lady was walking 5 dogs at one time with a large belt that restrained all of them. I noticed a full moon rising over the range towards Sonoma highway.

No comments: