Sunday, October 11, 2009

THERAPUETIC CATS

I have two Snowshow cats that we recued from the Healdsburg Animal Shelter. A spiritual lady directed us to them. Kevin and I bought the two cats Sassy and Hunter who had lived with an older lady for about 5 years. Their pictures are on my website. They were given to us as special friends who represent two of our close friends who died in a car accident.

They are now about 7 years old and love to walk on a leash and I love having spirtitual cats. I have always loved animals and at one time wanted to work at an animal shelter. My son and I found a cat in Ukiah who we called Whiskers and she was with us for about 15 years. She was a long hair female cat with white, black, and a little yellow coloring. My Snowshoe cats have mostly brown bodies with black faces and white under their necks and white on all four toes.

They love meeting new people and going for walks around the block. They have been with us for about 3 years and they live up to their names. Hunter has caught a rat in one place I lived and they both have caught a mouse as well. One miracle is that they have been well taken care of by having healthy food and getting all their shots. They like both indoors and outdoors, and so do I.

They also like to have fish and chicken occasionally. I am wondering what the Egyptians used to feed their cats in prehistoric times. Guess I will have to research that.

I used to let them run around the area free and they would climb up trees. They love keeping me company and Sassy lives up to her name as she is very strong willed when she escapes from the house. It is difficult to catch her!

I love walking my cats outdoors and hope one day to make a carpeted tree post to fit into the house with ledges. They like to hang up on high places.

No comments: