Sunday, October 4, 2009

MY NEIGHBORS

I live by a family of five people from Palestine and Greece. They go to the same church I'm attending - an Episcopal church in Cotati. They have an extended family in one household - both of the grandparents live in the house and keep busy cooking and tending the garden. The father and grandfather are both ministers. They have a young 5 year old son. Their language is Arabic in the church and less than 10 people attend their church. The grandfather is very friendly and always seems to be doing odds and ends in the garden. The grandmother is also friendly and they speak a little English. They usually greet me when I pass by.

It is fun to watch their service with all the candles lit - the grandfather sometimes walks over to the church about 1 1/2 miles.

I have helped clean up the church garden several times and I love doing garden work.

No comments: