Thursday, September 10, 2009

COTATI FARMER'S MARKET

Today I went to the Farmers Market as it was closing down. There was a live band playing jazz and there were about 15 booths selling mostly organic produce. I like to support the local farmers in the Sonoma County area as they keep the area feeling like an organic community. I have grown and eaten organic foods since I was about 20 years old. There is a distinct taste difference between organic foods and mass marketed foods. My relationship with Alvarado Street Breads is strong and I will someday consult with them to add local Native American foods to their blend of breads. As a "Miller" I have a good sense of how to make my own bread and use whole grains in my diet. They are much more tasty than regular white flour and store bought breads and cakes.

I saw a horse that gave pony rides to the children and many people had painted their faces for a Halloween effect. All in all it was a great experience and I love going to various ethnic markets to taste the variety of foods available.

No comments: