Friday, September 4, 2009

COTATI ACCORDIAN FEST

Last week I visited an accordian festival at the town square of Cotati ...
There were hundreds of people playing music and dancing to German songs. There was an interesting Irishman who had the audiance join in the songs and he danced as he played the accordian and the crowd was asked to say "Achoo" at intervals of a drinking song. I saw stands full of various ethnic clothing and jewelry and saw many old timers who knew about their heritage and ethnic background. There is a bronze statue of a boy playing an accordian at the entrance of the park. There was a jeweler who polished my wedding ring and he had many different types of gold and silver jewelry from different parts of the world.

The people were getting very drunk and the police were watching out for trouble with the crowd.

I had fun hearing the various entertainers. Last year I met a very special girlfriend there and she was selling hats woven from Ecuador. There was also a gentleman from Peru who had constructed many pan flutes and played them from his heart and soul. I bought his CD and the music will be posted on my website someday.

No comments: