Sunday, May 31, 2009

COYOTE TAILS

I hiked over to Spring Lake Park about 8 miles around the Rincon Valley area. I spied a very thin coyote which was evasive. He reminded me of several coyotes that I have seen at Sears Point rock art site that are inscribed and etched in stone.

I have seen very healthy and friendly wolves that are attracted to people in Yellowstone and in California wildernesses. They are very unlike the coyote as they are friendly.

Native American people consider the coyote to be a superstitious creature - they do not eat them. Coyotes are known to cause bad luck and they are also known to inflict disease upon people. Similar to Kokopelli - they have been mythological characters for over 50,000 years.

When my family went to Albuquerque one hot summer we saw coyotes inscribed at Petroglyph National Monument. We also saw a cute cat petroglyph and took a photo of it.

My son loves cats and I also prefer the calmness of cats..

No comments: